Skip to content
Guidelines for Attending Divine Services with Reverence and Respect
- Refrain from socializing during Divine Services. Communicating with fellow parishioners should be done during Fellowship Hour. In Divine Services our focus must be on God and in bringing ourselves to worship Him.
- Please remember to turn off your cell phone during the celebration of Divine Services. Texting is also prohibited when attending Divine Services. If there is a professional or emergency situation that requires one to have access to a cell phone, it should be kept on “silent” or “vibrate”. In this case, one should sit at the end of a pew so that the phone is there in an emergency and is not a distraction for others.
- Avoid reserving seats for family or friends that may come late to Divine Services. Make room for all that come to attend Divine Services and in particular, visitors so that they feel welcomed.
- When venerating an icon, the cross, when receiving Holy Communion, or kissing the hand of the Clergy, please do not wear lipstick.
- One must be attentive when attending Divine Services. Crossing of the legs or arms is considered disrespectful when attending Divine Services.
- It is not appropriate to gather in the Fellowship Hall, the kitchen, administrative offices or Classroom Building during Divine Services.
- Chewing gum in Church is never permitted.
- Only Sunday Church School teachers and students are permitted to depart early from the Divine Liturgy. They will do so following the Holy Eucharist.
- Once Divine Services have concluded, please depart from church appropriately. This may mean that the faithful come forward to receive the Antidoron or venerate the cross held by the Priest.
- When receiving the Antidoron at the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy, please remember to venerate the hand of the Priest and try not to drop the crumbs since this bread is offered as a blessing.
“Through giving, we reflect God’s love and support His Church’s work, bringing light to those in need.”
WINNIPEG – MANITOBA
2255 Grant Ave.
Winnipeg MB R3P 0S2
Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 – Website designed by Advance Marketing Solutions.